Name change

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Toad, Mar 16, 2001.

1. Toad

Toad LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys I need some opinions here. After 6 yrs in the bis I'm thinking of changing my name , from Lakeside Lawncare to LAWNPRO> . Just because when I am downtown or anywhere else besides the lake It seems to not fit in. I have gone through hundreds of names , on this board and on http://www.greenpages.com and have not come across this name yet. So what do you think.

2. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have a friend here in Indy that uses that name for his company, but if you try to register it in NY and succeed, then it's all good.
    I hope it doesn't confuse your customers though. They may keep trying to find you under your old name and think you're gone.

3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Good as long as you never want your own web site .com. Lawn Pro is taken. I have a friend that owns thelawnpros.com in SC. I like your old name better, but again that's what everyone told me when I was changing my name. :)

Ray

4. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Instead of changing your name how about expanding it:
    Lakeside Lawn & Landscape

Just my .02
    Kris

5. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

that's nice ;-)

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Just an opinion, but I like Lakeside. It seems to have a subtle, relaxing, yet luxurious sound to it - even if it DOES show up in the heart of the city sometimes.

7. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

How bout this one?

Toads Stool Care!

8. Groundcover Solutions

Groundcover Solutions LawnSite Bronze Member

I would not change it!! I like the sound of your name and your costomers know you by that name and customers are the ones that can get you more business by word of mouth and if you change your name it may confuse some people. So i say you should stick with the name. Just my 0.2

9. lsylvain

lsylvain LawnSite Senior Member

don't change it. Expand on it is you wish. Changing a name confuses current customers and it cost $ new signs, lettering ect it's almost like sarting over again.

10. Toad

Toad LawnSite Senior Member

Ok now ya got me thinkin , a few more people to tell me to stay the same and it might happen. Just don't know yet.