Name Change

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by BQLC, Oct 26, 2006.

1. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

Have any of you been dissatified with the name of your company and changed it later?

2. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Yes, I am about to change my name over the winter. I want a more professional sounding name.

3. N&CLandscaping

N&CLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

YUP From N&C Landscaping to Landscapes Unlimited! Best Change ever got many many new clients from the name change!

4. BQLC

that was my delima. I just don't care for the one I am using and I would like somthing that stands out more

5. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

if youre going to change it change it early before your name gets out there

6. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Exactly, that's my thought. I'm sure someone probably has changed their name after 10 years in biz, and was successful with the change, but I would not recommend changing after getting established.
    It's tough to build up name recognition, no sense shooting yourself in the foot and starting all over again.
    The only way I would say ok, "change your name" is if you are a first or second year business.

7. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Kinda like naming your dog! Once they learn it (over a short period of time) ... it's harder then heck to change it.

I would say ... if you are only 1, maybe 2 years in .... and your business has grown at a decent rate ... I would be very careful changing it. Your customer base knows you by your current name, and that may be something you don't want to lose.

Just my opinion

:weightlifter:

8. UpNorth

UpNorth LawnSite Member
    from NE,US

I changed mine, your current customers wont care, make sure you send them a nice letter explaining the name change. Like said above, if you're gonna do it, do it sooner than later, while the comapny is small and doesn't have much name recognition.

9. Chris.S

Chris.S LawnSite Member

Not that uncommon, I have also changed my name.

10. BQLC

I was in the process of getting started with everything when Katrina hit. then with getting my house back livable and with my full time job (I am in the utilities industry) I had to put everything on hold as far as starting but now that I am to the point of trying to add clients I would like it to seem more professional than the one I am currently using. Thanks for the input from all of you. It makes it easier to make a decision when you have advice from the experts.