name change

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 24/48, Sep 9, 2009.

1. 24/48

24/48 LawnSite Member
    from TX

I am thinking about changing my business name. I am currently using my last name + lawn care and am thinking of changing to a name such as mow pro, turfscape, etc. I have been mowing for 3 yrs now under my name and am wondering what the best way to go about it is. i will tell my clients that I have now but what about new advertisement. should i say I used to be this name or just start fresh with the new name. just wanting to hear from yall that have changed their name how it went and any advice. maybe I am making a bigger deal of this than it is.

2. 4.3mudder

4.3mudder LawnSite Silver Member

Turfscape is already an established company in Texas in the DFW area.

3. Kutz Lawns

Kutz Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

If your current customers are making the checks out to your company name, that's the only reason they would have to know about a name change. Otherwise they would never know the difference!

Start fresh with a new name, they don't care what your old name was!

4. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Why do you want to change the name?

5. JCPM

JCPM LawnSite Member

Your company name isn't as important as your reputation.

6. sven1277

sven1277 LawnSite Senior Member

Your business name is fine. It is much more personal than those corporate sounding names which don't really mean anything. Let your current name continue to establish itself

7. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

It all depends on how much advertisement you have put into the current name.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe that's true in your area, but around here, I'm sick of seeing (last name) landscaping companies around. I called my company Hickory Leaf Landscape, because I wanted to be different.

9. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

When I see this from companies it throws a red flag at me , usually in the landscaping profession when a company does a name change there company is having problems such as bad business practices an there suffering from getting new clientel so a name change is a must!

10. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

What's wrong with Bubba's Lawncutters
    Posted via Mobile Device