Name change

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by pjnlandscape, Jul 4, 2010.

1. pjnlandscape

pjnlandscape LawnSite Member

Hey everybody. I have been in business for two years now and i am looking to change my business name from Peter J Nich Landscape to something more generic for advertising.

I am undecided between these two

-Proscapes Landscaping (Generic)
    -Nich Landscaping (my last name)

Any suggestions?
  2. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

Change it to A.J.'s Lawn Care & Snow Removal

I like 'em both though!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Try something that's not generic or your last name. Stand out from the rest.
  4. pjnlandscape

Well there is no other proscapes landscaping in my area but my family is very well known in our small town. We own a lot of commercial property and other businesses so I have really narrowed it down to those two thanks.
  5. LCCaptain

LCCaptain LawnSite Member

I was thinking about doing the same thing but was too lazy to remove the lettering from my truck. If your advertizing in the phone book/yellow pages, I would start the name with a number or the letter A. You will most likely be one of the first companies called for estimates because most customers are to lazy to look further.
  6. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

If your family name is known for honesty and good work, then use the name. Be careful, for example in my town there is a contractor with a less than perfect reputation. His brothers are also in construction, and they use their names as business names. There is a lot of confusion on which brother is the "bad" one.

I have to think that the 2 "good" brothers don't understand that their brother has a bad rep, why would they? So they miss out on some business from a confused market.
  7. pjnlandscape

Thanks my name is well known and respected as being an honest and fair family as far as buisness goes. i have a similar situation with another family in town. the father is fair and respected, the son is i the police log every week but he still manages to make money.