1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Name Change

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by grasshopperslawn, Sep 3, 2011.

1. grasshopperslawn

grasshopperslawn LawnSite Senior Member

I am thinking about shortening my name from Grasshoppers Lawn & Yard Service LLC. to Grasshopper Lawns. Any opinion will be apreciated.
  2. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

I would do it. Your not really changing it just shorting it.

I'm thinking about changing ours to a different name altogether, that's a bit nerve raking.

I don't like having my name in the bus. name, I want something more generic. Idk maybe I should leave it like it is. :confused:
  3. grasshopperslawn

grasshopperslawn LawnSite Senior Member

If you are really established and people know that name well then I would not. With me everybody know grasshoppers but I am not completely changing it as you said I am just shortening it.
  4. tlc1994

tlc1994 LawnSite Senior Member

The only important part people remember is grasshopper and that seven-digit number. I would go for it.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

It shouldn't pose any problems as all. Just make sure you change your contracts to include a DBA. The heading of the contract should have "this contract between "customer's name" and Grasshoppers Lawn & Yard Service LLC, D.B.A. Grasshopper Lawn....

You may want to also legally get the DBA established.