Name Changes - Some Old, Some New

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Sean Adams, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

I promised lead arrows I would look into a hack that would allow members to "categorize" themselves. I looked into it a little bit and spoke to a few other forum owners. Several said they tried it but had to revoke it becasue people were being ridiculous with their titles...not that something like that would happen here :angel: ...but I am going to find out more about it, get with Pierre (the true LawnSite Grand Master) and see what we can do...

In the mean time.... I made a few name changes hopefully that will somewhat satisfy the masses....got rid of "user" and "regular" and here is what we have now....Remember pleae, this may be temporary if we can find a way to have members provide their own titles as long as it can remain above the board and professional.

0-250 Member
    251-999 Senior Member
    1000-1999 Bronze Member
    2000-2999 Silver Member
    3000-3999 Gold Member
    4000-4999 Platinum Member
    5000+ Fanatic

From what I can tell from the first name change, the new user name takes place when there is activity on the part of that member.

2. The Dude

The Dude LawnSite Member

Those sound alot better. Not hokie sounding like royalty. Thanks

3. Personally I could care less, people make way more out of it than it is, I don't look at it. thats just my opinion , thank you

4. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

In any event, this seems much more reasonable. Thank you for putting in the time and thought Sean.

5. FERT-TEK

FERT-TEK LawnSite Bronze Member

What a huge waste of time for you Sean. On behalf of the majority of the members here who could really care less about titles thank you for putting in so much time into this. I did enjoy some of the posts that were made and will miss that thread.

6. FERT-TEK

FERT-TEK LawnSite Bronze Member

Sean, on a similar note, I have been really disappointed lately about the negativity here on LS lately. This site has been used by your members as a learning tool for years and hopefully will continue. Lately there has been a move toward certain users of LS using it as a forum to show people that they have knowledge that they dont want to share. Instead of just ignoring the threads that they dont want to share their knowledge in, they use it as a forum to tell the thread starter to go back to school ..... or publicly humiliate them. Everyone starts out somewhere here with a certain knowledge base and builds on that. Every day I visit I learn something here and would consider myself more successful and professional because of it. So thanks to you, Lawnsite and the majority of its members for that.

Lately I have learned that there are a lot of jackasses here on ego trips.

7. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

8. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

You can please some of the people some of the time but.....well, you know the rest.

9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

King BooBy

Cry me a river. I believe you have been had. It was all just a very good April Fools joke. You were the FOOL.

10. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

"were" ?

I have no part in this battle though.. I just thought the tense of that word seemed out of place as an outside observer to the petty bickering that goes on between some members.