name for my buisness

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by rcracer, Jan 26, 2008.

1. rcracer

rcracer LawnSite Member

Alright let me know what you guys think. This will be my first year and I was thinking of using Quality Lawn Maintenance for my name. How does that sound to you guys.:usflag:

2. Type-XDesigns

Type-XDesigns LawnSite Member

Honest opinion...kinda boring and plain. Non original. People don't understand how important a name and logo is to a business. Your name and logo start selling your business even before you do. Wouldn't you want your best salesman approaching a new client? You want a logo that attracts attention to the name and a name that sticks in someones head and stands out. I remember Quality but because I could name about 5 service companies with the word Quality in them.

3. rcracer

rcracer LawnSite Member

My first name is Jeremy would Jeremy's Lawn Maintenance be a little better:usflag:

4. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

couple of names i thought about when naming my company
    #1= '' ACE OF BLADES "
    #2= " CUTTIN TIME "
    #3= " A LAWN TIME COMING "
    #4= " PATRIOT LAWN CARE "
    #5= " SHEAR CUT "
    NOW OF COURSE I DECIDED ON SOMETHING ELSE BUT JUST SOME FOOD FOR THOUGHT FOR YA!

5. bigw

I am not a big believer in using personal names in a company but to each his own.

6. bigw

before you can think of a name for your company you need to think about what you want your company to represent,thats what so many people do wrong,they name their company and then try to match a slogan to it. Think of your company goals or mission and then the name.For instance i wanted to cater to senior citizens and bring back old time work ethics theirfore i came up with "vintage lawn care" vintage meaning a time of the past. Get what im saying?

7. Type-XDesigns

Type-XDesigns LawnSite Member

I agree with big W. Those are some good names BTW. I like the Lawn Time Coming. Now THAT is original. We have one here, Grandscapes, that I really like. Red trucks with white lettering. Just look nice and stick out.

While some companies using names have grown huge, it usually isn't a good idea.

8. rcracer

rcracer LawnSite Member

Thanks for the advice on that. I am getting out of the Air Force so maybe I could use Patriot Lawn Care or something to that sort. Thanks guys:usflag:

9. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

I have always liked bushwackers but its all ready taken here so i just used my towns name and put lawn care & landscaping behind . i am lazy like that....... my new logo this year wil be ( we cut corners not grass ) lol

10. Busa_bill

Busa_bill LawnSite Member

I had two in mind, Patriot was one of them. My wife convinced me to go with Superior Landscape & Design.