1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Name importance

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PRECISION LC, Mar 4, 2002.

PRECISION LC LawnSite Member

Do you think a good creative name is good for getting your name out there, verses "Bob's mowing" a generic name.
  2. Lawns2nv

Lawns2nv LawnSite Member

I always think its better to use a creative name. I think it stands out more verse a generic name. I also think a creative name looks more professinal. but thats my.02
  3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

I agree with Lawns2nv on the names Tom, Dick & Harry lawn service does not sound profressional. I remember a while back there was a post asking what some of the Names of LCO you saw or remember. I posted a few names and so did a lot of other people. Why not search this post for some good names you might find one you like. Good Luck
  4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I just settled on that name last week!

5. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

Creative is the way to go. I think it is more easy to remember plus looks better on a shirt.
  6. mowahman

mowahman LawnSite Member

My foreman saw this one once "3 Shmucks and a truck". Pretty much says it all. 3 guys in a truck doing the 3 man jam, getting jobs. That was about 6-7 yrs. ago adn I still can remember them.
    At least its catchy !
  7. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Here, there's a company called Budge It Movers. One called Mow-It. One out in Beech Island called Three Boys Building Doghouses. :laugh: The movers had my favorite name. ;)

I think a name is important. If I look at a business name and it conveys the wrong message to me, I won't even waste my time considering that business. Most things that I try to avoid have to do with being the lowest cost services, etc. Jeff's Mowing just didn't seem to me like it would resonate with the folks that live around here, which is what you want: A short, simple message contained in your business name that makes folks want to call you. Credibility in the name, if you like.
  8. RB

RB LawnSite Senior Member

I remember seeing a company named "Me & Tex Lawncare". The graphic was good and the truck and equipment was top of the line.

9. CHAN

CHAN LawnSite Member
    from AL.

What about Elliott's Lawn Service. It's all in the name.

Or do i need to change to something else like Tri-State Landscape Maintinance or Top 10 Lawns, Bama Lawn & landscape Mant. Tri-State L&L Asso. Bama Lawn Care.
    What u think.
  10. CHAN market it that way, and NO ONE WILL FORGET IT. That's gooooood.

Simple, sweet, catchy message makes a good name.

3 men and a truck moving is one huge moving co here.

2 men and an old lady, for an LCO

Right above it is 2 men and an old hag. I was wondering if they were related.

Look at it this way some of the largest companies have some basic names.

Big Jims mowing etc.. Yes very large franchise.
    Big Jims Gutters
    Big Jims Whatever.