Name on truck = no speeding ticket?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by drsogr, Jan 28, 2006.

1. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

I have gotten pulled over twice since I have had my logo put on my truck 4 monthes ago. Neither time have I gotton a ticket. Think its a coincidence, or am I just meeting nice cops?

First time was 45 in a 30

Today it was 70 in a 50.

Man I need to slow down!

2. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I think you just lucked out with cops that were in a good mood that day. Sometimes the sun doesn't shine.:)

3. tcls83

tcls83 LawnSite Member

They probably think you are a more responsible person because it looks more like you run a business with signs on your truck, and figure you will learn to slow down because you don't want to put your business at risk

70 in a 50?! You were flying!

4. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

I think you got lucky. teach your foot to lighten up on the accelerator a bit, 70 in a 50? holy crap dude!

5. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Slow down or buy a passport rader detector.

6. LawnScenes

LawnScenes LawnSite Member

Flying by someone going 70 in a 50 is a great way to take care of that name branding we all want and like to hear about. It's an even better way to "get your name out there". Sitting on the side of the road with a cop behind you with his lights on is also a hell of a way to drum up customers too. It's almost like a billboard that just about everyone that passes is going to rubber neck to see. Congrats... On all the above, and for the not getting a ticket part also. :drinkup:

7. tcls83

tcls83 LawnSite Member

Ha Ha Ha!!!!!

8. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

You should be counting your blessings. Here its heavy on the photo radar so you can't talk your way out of the tickets. They just now put them on the freeways too.

9. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

First or second day of schools getting back in session a few years back I got nailed in a school zone! It was about 4:00 pm, there was no traffic around the school and no kids since everyone was gone already but the "hours" for the restricted speed are till 4:30. I think I was clocked at 42 in a 20. (normal speed limit was 40) OOPS!!! It was a sheriff patrol that got me too. Believe it or not he only gave me a warning!!! He actually said to me that since it was obviously a company truck my insurance would not like that ticket.
    If my truck wasn't lettered he wouldn't have even known what the truck was for and I likely would have gotten a ticket. Either way I call myself LUCKY on that one! Fine for 22 over in a school zone would be steep, plus I'd be paying more on my insurance.

10. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

This was down a paved road in the middle of knowwhere. Its an empty road. Except for the cops!