Name our Company!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Mrs. H, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Mrs. H

Mrs. H LawnSite Senior Member

Well, David is changing from a lawn (mowing) service to strictly chemical application.

He needs a new name to work under Aug 1st.

So far we've come up with: A big fat blank

But, I think that would look weird on business cards.

Any ideas?
  2. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Not moving now?
  3. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

If he's looking for a name for a lawn application business, how about Tea To Green?" Obviously a knock on the golf expression, "from tee to green." Your slogan could be, "we'll take your lawn from tea (colored), to green. Just an idea. By the way, where are you going to be moving to in Ohio? I might be able to help you out sometime.
  4. Mrs. H

Hmmm. There are a lot of Robert Trent Jones commercials on the Radio here. :)

Got to be something we can move with us. I am going to have a "moving sale" the first of Aug to get rid of some big furnture that we don't want to take with us and I hope to have an Open House soon after that.

David is concerned about income. He knows he can make money here and he's anxious about moving. I told him yesterday that Ohio's median income is generally higher than Alabama's and we've always managed to generate an average income here. Plus, depending on prices for everything else of course, that may mean there is more disposable income there and more willing customers for services. Hoping that's the case anyway. We've had plenty of loss here, but we are not in a very affluant area.

I'll have to keep in touch. We will be in the Southeast region from Columbus.
  5. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Ohio

Theres alot of companys here in ohio, you might want to make sure the new name is not already taken here in Ohio
  6. Mrs. H

Good point.
  7. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Muchas grasses

ExceLawn (one of my favorites, and one we have reserved for here)

Other Side Lawn Care (the grass is always greener on.....)

Emerald Isle Lawn Care

SuperDave's Lawn Care

Barefoot lawns

If I might make the suggestion, there are more lucrative things than lawn applications. I realize this gets you in the door for many of those, however, it may be wise to choose a name that would also fit other spraying services, such as:

Professional Spraying services

Southern Spraying Service

We went with Evergreen, It was many years ago and we have regretted using such a generic name. There are so many other companies with 'Evergreen' in the name, it also is somewhat incongruent with some of the other spraying services we have pursued like interior pest control, which is becoming more and more lucrative when compared with lawn care given the insane increases in fertilizer costs.

Good Luck whatever ya'll choose.
  8. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you talking about the Canal Winchester area? I live close to the border of Columbus and Canal Winchester, so I'd be right around the corner from you if you're talking about actually living on the Southeast side of Columbus. When you said you'd be in the Southeast corner FROM Columbus, you confused me.
  9. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

10. Mrs. H

I have family that drive to Canal Winchester for work, but no think MORE South!

Athens County area. South of Lancaster and Logan in the Hocking Hills area. Of course, I know David and if he got work in Columbus or Lancaster...we'd live closer to work.