Name that software!! Clip, LM, Grounds PRO

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by OU812, Jan 8, 2007.

1. OU812

OU812 LawnSite Member
    from wy

OK,
    Well first off let me say " Hi " to all. Its been a long time since I have posted on here.I dont see many of the old people that used to be on here hopfully they are still in the biz.

So anyways I am looking for a new software program to run for my buisness operations. I would like a software package that will do the following: Scheduleing / routing, job cost analisise, payroll, auto letters for say fall clean-up,e-mail billing, check reader, job estimates, track chem. applications, equipment cost, PDA's would be nice for the routing with time in out per job, ect.
    So far it seems that CLIP or lawn monkey is the closest software to suit my needs, but neither are perfect. Clip looks like it would take years to learn how to opperate and does no payroll or auto letters.

I have looked at lawn monkey, but for the life of me I cant remember why I was shying away from it.

I like the looks of Grounds keeper pro, seems easy to enter information and navigate but also looks limited in overall performance I.E. no job costing. Which is very important to me.

So please, some one out there let me know if there is a suitable program for me to run for my company.

P.S.
    Another thing that seems to be a problem with me is the up-dates. For some of these programs they cost upwards of 300.00 bucks! I think for the cost of the program the up dates should be free. I mean if the software is clitchy why should i have to pay for the up-dates.

2. BobcatBoy06

BobcatBoy06 LawnSite Member

I think most of those programs that you are looking at cost over 300.00

3. mitchellfeline

mitchellfeline LawnSite Member

I use the estimator in Groundskeeper Pro and it works great for me.

4. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

Gopher plus is $299, I will probably buy it this week or next week for my self. I have done a lot of research, and for a cost efficient (under $600) software, for me, I think Gopher is the way to go.

Groundkeeper pro looked like a piece of junk to me when I got the demo, it was unprofessional and didn't function that well..