1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Name This Grass

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by STRINGALATION, Jun 7, 2007.

STRINGALATION LawnSite Senior Member

I have a new customer who is unhappy with her current landscaper. she had to replace a section of her lawn. i determined that her new grass does not match the old. she was told that her lawn was a blue grass fescue as in a single species ( on the right ) she told her landscaper to get bluegrass (on the left) I think she has a blue grass and fescue blend i have never heard of bluegrass fescue. the right is broad and some fine the left is fine and sorta like a pencil not flat at all. glad to have any bodies 2 cents [​IMG]
  2. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

that looks like creeping red fecue, but you should tell her their is no such thing as a single species lawn. I really don't think single species seed is available anywhere on this planet. mabey in a research lab somewhere.
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Grasses come in one of two types, blends or mixtures. An example of a blend would be tall fescue, creeping red fescue, etc., (all types of fescue). A mixture would contain one or more fescues, bluegrass, annual rye, etc.
  4. Garden Thyme

Garden Thyme LawnSite Member

Actually in South Africa you have a grass called kikuju which is a single specied lawn / seed.