1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Name your price?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by d&rlawncare, Apr 26, 2007.

1. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Whats the going rate on a commercial lot like this one? Sidewalk edged once a month

2. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

the whole thing? how many acres is that? And are you in a large city area or smaller city? Do you know what the last guy is doing it for or any idea of what going bids are for similar stuff in the area? Lot of trees...will they need to be pruned in the winter? Year round contract? Snow? Parking lots blowed? lots of questions....
  3. Lawnshow

Lawnshow LawnSite Member

Are you F' ing me or what.....we bid on a trailer park once. Big mistake.
  4. d&rlawncare

WOW I must have been REAL tired when I posted this thread last Night. Sorry. :hammerhead:

I am talking about the corner lot only from the white line South to were it says 2007. Its a small commercial lot with 5 business in it.

All the grass is on the roadfront. Hopefully this is a better picture....

5. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Its really kind of hard to see... Grass looks dead to me.......
  6. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Why do some of you post these blurry aerial photos? Take pics when you go to look at the job. thats what i do.
    Its very hard to make out what the whole area looks like.
  7. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

that's better. i was thinking "gee, this guy's gonna be busy".

some trees in the rear, lot of parking lot. year round, i'd go $150-$200 per month. Unless its high-traffic shopping then $200-300. i include everthing (i am licenced to spray) except new landscape and the customer pays the cost of mulch. but, that's just me and this is a small city. in a larger pop. you could probably go higher, smaller towns...lower. and you're in MI and i don;t know anything about winter/snow plowin' stuff.
  8. d&rlawncare

Thanks. FYI once you hit the tree line your done. There is nothing under the trees. It will be about a 30-40 min job solo. I put my bid in (yesterday) so hopefully I hear from them soon. I'm right below what Hartzog estimated but I am just mow/trim/blow and edge once a month.

thanks again
  9. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

let us know if you get it. and let us know what you got it for....cause then i'm driving from AL next year to cut it! :gmctruck:

nah, man, good luck.
  10. d&rlawncare

You can come here from AL. You can even have the wife and kids. J/K.

I did get it $30 a week. Will take me 30min with an extra 5-10 min once a month for edging.

Ill be visiting the in-laws down south from May 4th-14th. I will be in Shreveport, LA for a week and West Point, MS for 3 days.

Not to far from AL.