Names

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowngrow, Mar 7, 2002.

1. mowngrow

mowngrow LawnSite Senior Member

The name of my business is MOW -N- GROW Lawn Service & Landscaping. I have been going by that name for five years.
    Just last month a fellow with the company name of YOU GROW, WE MOW called me and said that I was going to have to change my company name because his customers were calling me.
    any advice

2. Tell him take a hike.

3. Greenstar Services

Greenstar Services LawnSite Member

If your name is registered than he is out of luck.Enjoy the rewards of the name game.

4. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Uh, tell him if he hadn't noticed, they aren't the same name. He has no complaint.

5. PAPS

PAPS LawnSite Senior Member

Tell that guy to F off... thats crazzy.... the names aren't even the same...???????

6. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

i would tell him that they are 2 completly differing names and that i am not the one being affected by this and any action to correct this should by executed by him.

7. BigJim

BigJim LawnSite Senior Member

Hey I drive past a Mow-N-Grow Lawn Service guy every day,You got a branch down here as well?:D

8. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Tell him you appreciate the business you've gotten by the mistaken identity.

He hasn't got a case.

When did he go in business?

9. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

10. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

I do pressure washing and 12 yrs ago I called it DECK DOCTOR. It is a very obvious name. 2yrs ago some guy calls me and tells me he is going to sue me if I don't change my name as his wife saw my sign near thier house. He is called DECK DOCTORS. I politely told him to go right head and was as nice as I could be to him. I invited him and his wife over to my house to talk business as i felt there was more than enough work to go around. I think it flipped him out and I told him that if he could show me his copywrite on the name I would be glad to change. Never heard fom that jacka$$ again. It was a nice try to protect his business it sounds like your guy is trying to intimidate you too.