Naming my company

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by paul vroom, Oct 4, 2006.

1. paul vroom

paul vroom LawnSite Senior Member

Hello guy's. I see a lot of trucks everyday and the magority of the companies are the owners name, ex: Pauls landscaping. I have a name for my company that I really like, it is original and catchie but not cornie but it is not named after me nor does it consist of a persons name. Other that the obvious advantage of knowing the owners name when you read there sign is there an advatage to having your name on the sign, should I re-think my company name?

2. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

About the only other advantave that I can see is that it is less likely someone else will have that name, so it is kinda unique and also if they decide to incorporate, they will not likely have to change company names.

What is the name of your company going to be?

3. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

I am not a fan of naming after a person. Harder to sell, no easy way to back away from business when you want to (even nights out).
    I also like to name in a way that allows to move out of just one product or service. Also do not name for city or area, no way to move.
    I have a company that started in Ill. 25 years ago and was moved to NC. 9 years ago. It was and is a registred name. It does building rehab as well as handyman work and landscape services. I work for another Real Estate company but if I wanted to open my own office I could under this same name and it would still work for selling and management of property.
    Spent a lot of time thinking up this name so that I could do what I wanted with it. it has paid off.
    I own Property Masters. (well my wife does actually,:laugh: I just work for her:cry: )

4. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Worth repeating.

My company name is fine and all, but if/when I desire to expand into other areas, it will be a harder sell with the current name I have.

5. PMLAWN

Fine and All is a weird name:laugh:

6. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

GD Smart A$$:)

7. Dogbonz

Dogbonz LawnSite Senior Member

If your name is VROOM TO GROW than you should be fine!:laugh:

8. PMLAWN

Sorry, Had to:laugh: