NAPA OIL FILTERS?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowman, Jul 24, 2000.

1. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

I've heard people say they are no good. I'm friends with the NAPA owner in my town and he said NAPA filters are made for NAPA by WIX's. In the filter battle several months ago I thought WIX filters were one of the best you could buy. Any thoughts? What brand filters do you all use? Mowman

2. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

Yes I would and do use them. yes they are made by wix, and they are one of the best available.<br>Dino<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org

3. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

Wix is a good filter from what ive heard.<br>

4. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Wix are good. Purolators are good. I stay away from Fram though.

5. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

most everyone has a favorite filter or brand of oil.<p>can anyone here document an engine failure related to an oil filter? I assume the same could be asked of hydro fluid filters.<p>to answer the question, sure I'd use NAPA filters if I shopped there and the price was better. I shop at wally world and use fram filters so why not.<p>GEO

6. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Ditto what Dino said,wix are great filters although a little pricey,but worth it.Both Napa and Big A are wix filters.<p>----------<br>John D<br>

7. pottstim

pottstim LawnSite Senior Member

Wix is a great filter. My dad and I either use Wix or Fram, along with Pennzoil motor oil.<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: pottstim

8. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

Not only would I use Napa/Wix filters, I do. They are the best, I can't remember the website but some guy compared them all and determined Wix to be the best. Pennzoil is made by Allied Signal, also the makers of Fram. The Pennzoil/Fram filters were judged the worst. Maybe someone here can post the link to the study, I can't find it.

9. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

By the way, this guy had a testimonial from a guy who worked at Fram who said that the filters they were making were junk. I don't know diddly about filters but I took their word for it.

10. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

Here is the address http://members.xoom.com/minimopar/oilfilterstudy.html<br>I don't know how to have it come up as a link. If anyone knows please explain. Thanks.