Napa selling Kohler engine parts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Nick R, Jul 4, 2003.

1. Nick R

Nick R LawnSite Member
    from wv

Hi. I see where Napa is going to sell a full line of Kohler engine parts. I'm not a professional LCO, but have been looking at commerical mowers. It seems like it would be easier to get parts for the Kohler than Kawasaki engines for a DIY type of person such as my self. Do you guys think it is good or bad to go to a auto parts dealer for these type of parts. Nick

2. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

A typical mower engine is carbureted and air cooled. That's 1949-1975 VOLKSWAGEN technology.

Even the EFI Kohler is totally 1982 tech in terms of cars.

Have you ever dissected a Kohler. I have...they are simple, pushrod, air-cooled little 2 cylinder engines and they don't even have a distributor.

The only bad part is not supporting your dealer, we don't want them to vanish leaving us at the mercy of WalMart, Home Depot, etc.

KB

3. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I think maybe they should sell Kohler mechanics . Maybe they could figure out what's wrong with mine :rolleyes:

4. sdwally

sdwally LawnSite Senior Member

They have been selling parts for years. They have a catalog dedicated to small equipment. We've buy mainly connecting rods and pistons from them.

5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I was in Home Dept today and saw that they carry fuel and oil filters for Kohler engines.

6. Lawn Tek

Lawn Tek LawnSite Senior Member
    from u s a

Its not a full line of Kohler parts ,but they have an excellent power and equipment book . I owned a Napa store for 11 years and worked for the company for 2 years .Most stores can get you a part that day express service