Naples, Fl: Here I come!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassyfras, Jun 10, 2004.

1. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll be leaving for Naples Saturday for vacation. I got all my lawns cut and customers notified. Anyone work down their? How do most of your customers respond to you when you tell them your going on vacation? Mine were glad I was takign some time off. Peace

2. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

grassyfras.. been a while since I've seen a post by you. Hope you have a good time. I don't know how you are able to pull it off? It's prime growing season right now and couldn't imagine leaving for a week. Is someone covering for you? Maybe you don't have a full schedule?

I will take a couple of 3-4 day weekends but no 7-10 day vactions 'til winter for me.

3. sailinstud420

sailinstud420 LawnSite Senior Member

Naples, My grandpa lives down there. Be sure to watch out for the old people that don't have any idea how to drive!! You would think it'd be safe down there when no one is speeding, ha...

4. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

The young people in fl arent very good drivers either.

5. craigs lawncare

craigs lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Just got back from Florida... been gone a week.
    In fact, one of the most memorable parts of our vacation is how nice the people are down there. We will be going back for our next get-away.

Craig

6. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

I only have three full days of mowing. The extras really burned me though because I worked serveral twelve hour days the past two weeks to get everyone on track. I ussually wouldnt take a vacation at this prime time of year but it was a graduation gift to myself and my friends really made me feel bad for not going. Plus its my parents place and I hanvt been there since they bought it four years ago. so what can you do besides pack up and go. Adios ya all

7. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

What PART of Florida, Craig? They sure aren't very friendly in some places here. I find the closer you get to the beach, and further out of the areas NYC geezers come to retire in, the friendlier people are. Basically, the miserable people are unfriendly, the happy ones are friendly. Big difference in outlook of a guy who made it and has a beach house vs. a crotchety New Yorker who was forced to move because he couldn't afford to live back home and all his friends were here.

I'm not alone in that thought. EVERYONE here not from NYC says they're terrible to deal with.

I have never taken a vacation in the summer, except a long weekend in August during a drought. I couldn't enjoy it knowing I was getting behind, customers might not be thrilled, and I would just not want to do that.

8. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, Naples is a real nice area. We had friends that had a condo there with a private beach. we went at the end of october every year for about 8 years. We are talking about going there this year. Have a good time.

9. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

A vacation in the summer, what is that? All our vacations are taken in the winter. It is 6-7 days a week now till end of October. My wife is from Naples and we live about 45 minutes from there. Not like it used to be 20 years ago but then what is. Have fun and enjoy the heat. But by all means don't move here. Too many people now. LOL.