1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Narrowed it down to Scag or Gravely

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by oaktree59, Jan 9, 2008.

1. oaktree59

oaktree59 LawnSite Member

I can get a 2007 Gravely 252M 52" for $7000 (good price?) or a Scag Tiger cub 48" for the same price. I am leaning toward the Gravely. I plan on buying it tomorrow so i need some input tonight. Thanks
  2. Angel Garcia

Angel Garcia LawnSite Member

easy buy the scag
    I paid 5900 for mine in 2006
    today 2800 hrs and runs like new
  3. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like you already have your mind made up so I will just say I would get the Scag anyday over the Gravely. Good luck with what ever you chose.
  4. LawnPro19

LawnPro19 LawnSite Senior Member

i would definately go with gravely...everybody around here runs gravely outfronts and ztr's...great product
  5. LawnPro19

LawnPro19 LawnSite Senior Member

and yes that is a good price
  6. oaktree59

bump it up
  7. Skyking

Skyking LawnSite Member

I have 2 grevely's both 144z's my newest one is the XZD, the older one has about 1400 hr and runs and cuts great, a 52 is a little wide for the jobs i have, but a great mower.
  8. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

For that price I would only consider the Gravely. The 252 would compare to the wildcat or turf tiger but not the cub. Depending on what 252 you get (XDZ or non-XDZ) both have larger pumps then the cub (cub has 10cc, non-XDZ 12cc, and 21cc XDZ). The 252 also has a beefier frame. If your looking at the 252 XDZ that is a fantastic mower and the deck is awesome; clean cut, stripes nice, in 170 hours I have yet to clean under the deck and it still has no build up. Scag make great mowers no doubt, my next mower is probably going to be a Turf Tiger w/ the 29 DFI motor, but from the 2 mowers your looking at it's not even close and anyone who says different is just picking what they already have.
  9. Military Lawns

Military Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I like EverRides and Toro's but if I had a third choice it would no doubt be a Scag!

10. oaktree59

thank you. big help