Narrowed my trimmer search down

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S man, Aug 8, 2007.

?

Which trimmer to get?

1. Stihl Fs80r

18 vote(s)
    69.2%
  2. Redmax Bcz2601s

8 vote(s)
    30.8%
  1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I have decided I'm either going with another stihl fs80r or a another redmax bcz2601s. I have had a redmax but sold it this spring because I liked the stihl 80 I bought instead. I was thinking of maybe going back with redmax or stay stihl. I like the way the stihl feels compared to the redmax. Also there is one dealer for the stihl and about four for the redmax. Anyway, Which should I go with?

2. bigbone

bigbone LawnSite Member

Echo SRM210 or SRM230.

3. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

I would take a hard look at the echo products. Good value, very dependable. Stihl does make the best chainsaw on the planet however. JMO

4. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

As a redmax 2601 user, Im trying Stihl next. I have alot of problems with fowling on the redmax engines. My shinny never fowls but low on power. Im going to Stihl next.

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I like the stihl's and all my handhelds except one are stihls and I must have a good 10-12 handhelds, closer to 10...
    But for trimmers I think my next one's going to be another srm-260s, nothing seems to outlast echos.

6. Just Mow

Just Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I would get the FS80R, I have 2-3 yrs on most of mine and they have a lot more power than the Echo's.
    More dependable than the Echo as well.

7. MuleCutter

MuleCutter LawnSite Member

i'd stay with the stihl FS80. that seems to be one of the only trimmers not suffering too much with all the EPA changing their regulations. i just had a bad experience with an FS100 and switched to the Echo SRM-261T over the Stihl FS80 because the echo was smoother and was more comfortable for me. the FS80 does have more power IMO and is more durable. but as far as Redmax goes around here i'm hesitant to buy one of those. they are very comfortable but vibrate a lot and since the "strato charged" engines came out they just dont seem like what they used to be.

8. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I'm going to get another fs80r soon. I really do like it over any other trimmer.