1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Narrowed trimmer down to husqvarna 323L or Redmax 2350

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by clydesdale, Jul 7, 2012.

1. tgzzzz

tgzzzz LawnSite Member

I have both. The 326 is a great machine but the 323 is a great machine and is noticably lighter. I've been using the 323 for a couple of months. Except for the exhaust design, I love it. The trimmer head is working well.
  2. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I'll put it on the scale here in the next few days. I was forced to buy a new trimmer the other day and the dealer had the 326LS in stock, so I picked one up. It seems a little heavier than my Kawi KGT27A. The jury is still out. It doesn't have the brute torque the Kawi does. It's got more power than a lot of trimmers I've used though. And that's plenty for most jobs. It does seem to have a bit of a vibration at the trimmer end when it's not wide open. It also lets out a groan from that end when you let off the throttle and the head slows down.
  3. tgzzzz

tgzzzz LawnSite Member

Me too. Plus I ache all over.:)
  4. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

LOL :D Good one.
  5. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

+1 on what you said about echo. i had to borrow one one time when i lost my stihl of my trailer and the whole time i was using it i was burning my forearm because the part where ur arm would naturally rest gets piping hot, it cramped my wrist and cut like crap, and bogged down in week old grass. i will never own a echo, i only buy stihl
  6. redmax fan

redmax fan LawnSite Bronze Member

i dont know prices for all brand hand held parts , but on our 2 year old redmax 23 cc whips the new carbs that used to be about 60 went up to 110

if shindiawa / stihl are cheaper i dont know

but i can say this : im setting up a 5 gallon or so permanent gas can on trailer with a replacable gas filter for my two cycle to keep cleaner gas going into my hand helds . while also changing my hand held gas filters much more frequently

and shall continue to add a bit of sea foam to 2 cycle gas once a week

im not anywhere near a mechanic , thats just my amature mechanic outlook