Narrowly escaped a 3 car pile up!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eric 1, Aug 7, 2004.

1. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I was headed to town about an hour ago, i was in a 1986 Honda accord, i was about 5 min from the house going about 55 behind my cousin who was going to a fire dept. meeting. When this dude in a big box truck, who happens to be the same dude who picks up our garbage pulls out in front of us, so mu cousin, in a 1990 jeep 4x4 locks down the brakes and slides all over the road manages to just clear him, but i lock the brake on and down shifted from 5-3-1 but the car was just sliding(no anti-lock brakes) so i slid right in to the ditch on the side of the road, about 50* angle 5-6 feet deep with a small slope at the bottom into a mans yard. i tor up the yard but some how managed to keep the car from flipping, in act there was zero damage to either vehicle, just the tires are ruined from sliding. and both of us are fine and drove both cars away.

Had i been in the truck, i believe it would have flipped over.

Thanks you God for loading me a miracle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry if this is jumbled this is my first accident in 2 years of driving and i am just rattled.:angel:

2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

and here's one from another angle.

friday i caused a 3 car pile up. i rear ended a guy in a brand new Infiniti G35 2 door coupe, he had it less than 24 hours. 243 miles on the odometer.

i hit him with enough force that i knocked him out. the dodge only got a pushed in bumper and left fender, which makes the door pop now. his car is borderline totalled unfortunately.

3. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

WOW.. I'm sorry to hear about both of these deals.. especially yours bsd... That sucks...BAD

4. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

I'm no math major, but I think I only count two cars.

Glad to know both of you are ok. Wasn't long ago I was T-boned in my driver's door, y'all may remember the picutes I posted. Guess we all get lucky some times.