Nashville/Murfreesboro, TN

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by HEM, Sep 4, 2007.

1. HEM

HEM LawnSite Member

Greetings everyone. Had a few quick questions. First a little background. I'm a junior at MTSU in Murfreesboro, I'm 21. I started an LCO my sophomore year of high school and contrary to what you older guys think, I ran a very professional business. I sold it to come to school, it is still in operation today in Knoxville, TN and they have grown the business into a fairly sizable company. All that to say, I have experience in every aspect of landscaping and mowing (minus irrigation) and I'm looking at starting a business here in the Boro. There appears to be a huge need for good LCO's here. In Knoxville, LCO's are a dime a dozen, here there seem to be much fewer and with the rate Mid Tn is growing I feel like there is a need for good LCO's. Anyways, on to the questions. Do you guys here in middle Tennessee think this is a good place for this business or what? It looks good to me, but I want to know what it's like from the guys that work here everyday. I miss mowing and landscaping, I'd like to do this fulltime once I get my degree. Anyways, looking for some encouragement here, I've written a 20 page business plan that I feel is pretty solid. Thanks.

C

2. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

YES.The work is definitely out there. Riutherford and Williamson Counties are absolutely exploding right now and it is spreading south towards Bedford and Marshall counties as well. I have two accounts in northern Bedford county outside Eagleville and that area is growing rapidly. People are making a mass exodus from Davidson County due to influx of illegals and rising taxation. When I visit the Boro I'm like a kid in a candy store drooling at the mouth when I see all these subdivisions going up with 1/4 or less yards.

3. Dwights

Dwights LawnSite Member

Im looking at new mower for next year. The Gravely seems to be only mower make 44inch with kawasaki engine. Custom 5 inch deep deck.
    Only 46.8 inch wide shute up. i cut small to 3/4 acre homes want mower to go in most gates. Im now carry around 3 different walk behinds. I want to keep my 48 walk behind to help on big jobs.

Any input would be nice toros is only 40 inchs, cub cadet 44 inch pressed deck.

Thanks Dwight Looking at 44z991035 gravely 19hp kaw