nashville tennessee

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by imograss, Mar 8, 2003.

1. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

anyone service the nashville area?

2. dklawncare

dklawncare LawnSite Member

I am in the Nashville Area... I actually though do most of my work in the Eastern Davidson Area (Hermitage, Mt. Juliet, Old Hickory). But I do have some properties in the Antioch/Nashville Area.

3. jkelton

jkelton LawnSite Member

I mainly service the Davidson, Williamson, and Rutherford county areas, but occasionally go to other counties, such as Wilson, Sumner, Maury, Coffee, etc.. I own/operate a mulch blower service, so I end up going wherever the job is at.

4. danny m.

danny m. LawnSite Member

I mow in the Nashville area, mainly around Donelson/Antioch/Nolensville Road area. Also Rutherford and Cannon County.:) :)

5. dklawncare

Just wondering what you guys' costs are around here...I paid taxes for the first time this year on my commercial accounts but don't necessarily pay Uncle Sam for the residentials. How much do you guys make compared to how much you put in? Also, where would I go to get a real business license and also a chemical sprayer license? How much does that cost? Thanks for any input...

6. jkelton

jkelton LawnSite Member

7. Fireman D

Fireman D LawnSite Member

I'm in the Nashville area too. I service the Sumner County area.

8. dklawncare

What do you guys use to get rid of clover and those lil' white flower lookin weeds? Also, what kinda equipment do you guys have? I have an enclosed trailer with a 52" Exmark Lazer Z HP and I am looking for a nice WB.

9. shorty7616

shorty7616 LawnSite Member

I work in the hendersonville area. How has the advertising/new business been going? What do you use most in terms of getting new business. etc....

10. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

ive never had much luck with advertising. i had magnetic signs on my trucks once but it attracted alot of idiots so i took em off. i will not solicit lawns that are taken care of by another lco. i pick up all my new clients by referrals from current customers. the only way ill take on a lawn thats taken care of by someone else is if the homeowner is unhappy with the current lco. theres enough grass for all of us so i dont loball anyone to get the job. i cut my first lawns today, man it felt good to be back in the swing of things!