1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mack, Nov 1, 2002.

1. Mack

Mack LawnSite Member

Just checking to see how many people are planning to go to the Expo in November.
  2. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Is it worth the long drive/ costs?

Who has been?

3. Darb

Darb LawnSite Member

I am planning on going with my partner.
  4. Lawn Cops

Lawn Cops LawnSite Member

I'm going, will be my first one. Hope its worth the 6 hour drive.

Lawn Cops
  5. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I think I'll drive up for at least one day. I've already got my badge, so why not?
  6. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

Does the Expo ever go to CA are Nevada?
  7. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

GIC has grown to the point where they are quite limited as to where it can be held. I would not expect to see it in CA or Nevada.

I'll be there, along with 4 of our people.
  8. stevo22

stevo22 LawnSite Senior Member

when and where may i ask???
  9. CMerLand

CMerLand LawnSite Senior Member

I went three years ago when it was last held in Nashville, and its worth the trip. You will get out of it what you put into it, just like with anything else. If all your going to do is go look at gee-whiz lawnmowers that no dealer anywhere near you sells then youre not going to get much out of it. Or better yet the guys that go look at the mowers they already own so they can say YEP i own one and its the best machine here, without actually looking at any of the others.

However, you can gain huge amounts of insight and knowledge by attending the conference classes, the round tables, hearing the keynote speakers etc, youll go home charged up and ready to rock your business world.

The GIE does move around every year to try to draw people from further areas. Unlike the Expo in Louisville every year by moving it around the country, getting it close to people on the ends of the continent brings in some that have never been.

Its been in Baltimore, Indy, Nashville, and Texas (forget which city). Im kinda hoping it works its way to Las Vegas one year and I'll be happy to get on a plane again for that one.

If in doubt GO!!! Ask questions, be involved, dont be shy and gather info. You can thank me when you get back.

10. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

The GIE is the annual meeting of 3 green industry associations: PGMS, ALCA, and PLCAA. Each has their own agenda for the week, but you can cross over into the educational seminars of other groups.

The farthest west the GIE has gone was to Ft. Worth, TX in the mid 90s, but they will not plan on going west of the Mississippi River (past St. Louis) in the near future. This is because the large majority of members in the 3 associations are based east of the Miss. River, and having shows far west would reduce attendance, as happened at Ft. Worth.