nasty customer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by miquel, Apr 30, 2000.

1. miquel

miquel LawnSite Member
    from GA.

I just recently got this customer. We made a verbal agreement that I would cut every two weeks. When I get there to do the next cut, it looked like it had been cut. But,I cut it anyway. Apparently,she had bought herself a new mower. She paid me anyway. I guess she wanted me to do all the dirty work. That's life.

2. For jobs that are not in shape, either charge double for first month service and/or at least get a 6-month contract for service. Most of my start-ups that aren't referred to me by other clients are people just trying to get you to do the dirty work. Mention the contract, you find out real quick if they want to continue service thereafter or if it's a one-time job. WATCH OUT FOR RENTALS. Always insist that the landlord/owner pays for the service.<p>----------<br>J-LC Landscaping & Maintenance Gardening<br>C-27 Ca Contr# 770044

3. miquel

miquel LawnSite Member
    from GA.

Thank you Gustbuster,I appreciate your advice. Infact,I did charge double for the first cut,but I will learn from my mistakes and from the forum.

4. miquel

miquel LawnSite Member
    from GA.

Oops, I spelt your name wrong. Sorry.