Nasty Lesco sales rep...

Discussion in 'LESCO' started by mkwl, Aug 31, 2005.

1. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I was at my local Lesco (first time I went to Lesco to buy anything) this morning to buy 6 bags of Penn Mulch. Anyway, I am there with my Grandpa (since I can't drive yet), I walk up to the counter and ask for 6 bags of Penn Mulch. The guy says to me "you aren't planning on getting into this terrible business are you?" I said "well sort of, I plan on getting a Masters Degree in Landscape Architecture." He says "well there is no sense in you doing that." I say "why?" He says "because it's da#m kids like you that are f****** this business up." I said "excuse me!" He said "Even with a degree, you won't get anywhere in life, I garuntee it!" He also said "get out of the business now, and let "real" landscapers run the businesses." I got my Mulch and left. That's the last time Lesco gets my business! I couldn't beleive that this guy was really saying these things to me. What an *******! :angry: Has anyone else had this happen to them?

2. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

as "kids" working for ourselves, we take a certain amount of disrespect. that tends to be the way that people who are older than us see us, as worms. there is the rare person who will give us the respect we deserve, and if you happen to find that person in connection with a dealership, stick with them.

dealers (and customers) will try to take advantage of you too. my (former) equipment dealer almost cost me over $2500 because they said I needed a new engine. when I took it apart, nothing was wrong. needles to say, I have went other avenues for repair work, and equipment.

basicly, you've got to put up with it. BUT, finding this out now tells you alot about the charatcher to the person. if they don't respect you now, they won't respect you later.

3. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

Before I put down the cash for the mulch, I would have had the store manager by my side and asked this clown to repeat what he just said to you. Then I would have told the both of them to put the mulch (all six bags) where the sun wouldn't dry it out and gone elsewhere for the product. I still think if I were you I'd be on the Lesco website pitching a big one. You have the store number and may have seen the name on the tag of the yo-yo you delt with. That's all you need. Have fun. (It will be at his expense, because even as large as they (Lesco) is, they won't tolerate this from their employees. Maybe he could be a former employee.)

Jim

4. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Lesco was a sponser of the site and would take an answer all questions and comments on this site. Your reciept has the salemans name and store # Post it and lets hear there side of the story

5. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

I fully concur; he should post the story in their forum. All pertinent info would be on his receipt.

6. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

im in NJ too, just curious which branch you went to?

7. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

ALSO CURIOUS

8. mowdini

mowdini LawnSite Member

I hate to say this but it might have been the store manager he was talking to. These guys are overworked and underpaid.

9. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

I second this!

10. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

thats really crappy, you should not have bought the much there.... your a paying customer with moneyin hand and deserve to be treated as such...