1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Nat Mullen for President

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by pete scalia, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

I also agree with your statements Joey. I should have said that in my response, but I was in a hurry to watch the Cardiac Cats play the Steelers. My nickname for them held true tonight as well. They were up by huge points, only to let it slip away and be down by 1 until the last minute of the game. Man, the Jags piss me off! But I'm glad they won.

2. Firefly Lighting

Firefly Lighting LawnSite Member

Joey- Thanks for the vote of confidence. We have made a lot of changes to the organization in the past year, one of which was the name, which I was a staunch supporter of changing. In my 9 years in the lighting biz I have seen countless number of manufacturer based organizations come..and go. They just don't work. There is still plenty of hard work ahead in order to increase membership to the point that we are a real force, but we are getting there. I think that those of you who attend confrence this year will see that we are constantly working to improve the AOLP for the benefit of its membership and the industry. Of cource we are not as well known as the IA but we all must remember that this Org is still young and has not been around for that long. I am committed though to making it the premier industry association for the outdoor lighting proffessional and I would hope that all of you would volunteer whatever time you can to make that happen.

3. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

If I were to volunteer for something, in what capacity could I be used? When you say to volunteer it makes it sound as though you have an established program set up in my area for volunteer work. I am totally willing, what do you have for me to do? Is it a matter of me just trying to raise awareness of the organization through my daily work?

4. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Once again I find myself agreeing with Pete.... and I have the feeling that pretty soon he'll be leading us all in a chorus of kumbaya...

5. Firefly Lighting

Tim- By volunteer I mean by serving on one of our committee's such as the Legislative committee which is working on issues like state licensing. The committees meet by conference call once a month. If you will be at conference you will see the different committees and opportunities to serve.

Thanks

6. pete scalia

pete scalia LawnSite Senior Member

Can you list all of the committees?

7. pete scalia

pete scalia LawnSite Senior Member

I thought you were James' point man. Have you seen the light and come over to the dark side?

8. Firefly Lighting

Pete- The committees are: Legislative, Membership, Certification, Design Cert., and Awards. Are you coming?

Thanks