Nate #1 of all time for landscape lighting

Discussion in 'Unique Lighting' started by pete scalia, Oct 20, 2007.

1. pete scalia

pete scalia LawnSite Senior Member

You may disagree but I'm not sorry and make no apologies for the way I feel about the matter. Nate is the originator of quality landscape lighting and the illuminating wizard. Before him there were just unrefined ideas and crappy materials that dissolved into the soil. I'm raising my glass to you nate on a saturday night. God bless ya!:drinkup:
    Unlike some yella belly I'm not afraid of being googled by a prospect who may be put off by my philosophies. Politically correct I'm not and furthermore all the better. If you don't want me at your home because of messages on lawnsite then great . There are still plenty of people that do and I'm not trying to be everything to everybody . I have a small and loyal following I'm not running for president.

2. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

Your gonna start some fires here Pete!! I will allow Nate to respond to this in his own way but I can assure you that your kind words will not go unnoticed!!

Joey D.

3. pete scalia

pete scalia LawnSite Senior Member

Nate has gone from a single transformer and a simple wellight to a full blown empire of quality brass and copper outdoor lighting products. He wrote 3 books on the topic. The venerable Cast lighting wouldn't exist if it wasn't for Nate's teachings. The hub system is pure genius.
    Imitation is the finest form of flattery it is said. Nate has been imitated by many equalled by none. Nate Mullen is numero uno. The King of the castle. The cream of the crop. Top of the heap . King of the hill. A #1.

4. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

Ford invented the assembly line, but that doesn't mean I drive, well, nevermind, I just bought a Ford truck. There goes my wisecrack.

5. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Pete, I just have to ask... how long have you been in the lighting biz? (Maybe I'll go back to the roll call thread and see if you posted there.)

I'm not going to say anything negative about Nate, or take away from his accomplishments, but I wonder if you ever tried any other brands?

6. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

Nate, what do you have your new camera set to? I think you said that you set your f stop and something else.
    Thanks,

7. JoeyD

Paul I will make sure Nate gets you the answer to your question.

8. JoeyD

Paul, Nate might have more to add to this but here is the info i got from Paul my in house lighting designer.

He says you want to set the FStop on your camera tot he lowest setting possible, either 2.8 or 3.2. You then want to play with your shutter speed, the darker it is the slower the speed. Something around 15 seconds is where they had Nate's set to take those panoramic shots. But he said you just have to play with it, how dark the sky is and the ambiant light plays a role in this.

As for the stitching program we used ont he panoramic shots. Just click on http://arcsoft.com/products/panoramamakerpro/ and sign up!!

Hope this helps!!

Joey D.