Nation Wide Do Not Call List

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 2 man crew, Jan 18, 2003.

1. 2 man crew

2 man crew LawnSite Senior Member

We do not do any cold call tele marketing, and don't plan to in the future. But I was thinking. This Tela marketing do not call list that will be in place in the near future may effect one of the largest lawn companies in America. Any predictions on how this will effect their and our business?

2. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah,

It'll be great!! No more calls asking if we want to "switch long distance carriers"! No one will have that guy call asking us to purchase his First aid kits, rakes, shovels, etc... I get tired of telling him to shovel it every year:D

Bob

3. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

4. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, maybe it will put them out on the streets and at the their front doors. I think it's harder to say no to someone in person than over the phone.

To be honest, I think I may miss hanging up on people. I started to think it was comical.

5. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

its already in effect in my state. i think we were the first state to put it into effect. its working absolutely great. We hardly get any calls anymore from telemarketers. every now and then we get one, and the minute you say you are on a do not call list, they apologize and hang up quick so they arent prosecuted.