1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

national price average??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LJ lawn, Oct 5, 2000.

MIDSOUTH LawnSite Senior Member

i have set my minimum to 35.00 to unload-unless there is some small stuff side by side that i can make good money equivalent to the minimum charge i have,i have some 25 and 30 dollar yards that i got when i first started but i am going to take look at those in the spring and probably have an increase on most of them.
  2. curlawngreen

curlawngreen Banned

7 minutes to get there
    15 min. to mow
    6 min. to edge
    5 min. weed eat
    6 min. to trim hedges
    5 min to blow off
    2 min per blade sharpen
    44 min per yard
    average cost to client, $35.00
    Central Fl.

MIDSOUTH LawnSite Senior Member

curlawngreen-i wish some of my accounts only took 5 minutes to weedeat-i'd hang on to those
  4. dhicks

dhicks Member

My minimum is $35.00 for a townhouse type property. Larger townhouse properties/single family homes with a small yard I get $45.00. Location: Maryland, and 55 miles nord of Washington, D.C.
  5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I took all mine and added up and divided out and the average price was $35. Most of mine are 35 or above, but I have 10 zero lots on 1 street that I get 15-20 for. So that lowered my average. If I took those out it would be around $40.
  6. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

$35 dollars is my minimim bid. I want big yards and telling someone on the telephone that $35 is the minimim helps me not waste my time giving estimates to a dumpy yard or a person who is an "el cheapo".

7. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I saw a report on the average salary for employees nationwide is around 15$per hour. Her in sc it is 14.50hr. The people are not running any equipment or other expenses and have benefits. So if you are cutting yards at 10$ a pop you not doing too good at all for those properties
  8. RYAN

RYAN LawnSite Member

That is true if you are only mowing 1 ten dollar yard an hour but if you are mowing 4 or 5 than that is 40 to 50 dollars per hour, even with overhead that is still over your 15/ per hour national wage.
  9. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Ryan even the smallest yard I had including loading and unloading and driving to and sometimes getting paid. Takes 30 to 45 minutes. Blowing off drive, trimming, cutting.. Now I am a one man operation. Still I have less expenses that way and do less volume than a crew of course. Some years I can get 4 or five yards in the same neighborhood. Most of the time not. Rarely do I get yards side by side. Never 4 or 5. If I did though get that lucky. I would still charge the going rate or close to it. Because it is rare and I would want to make as much money as I could. Most of the time in my area the scedule is changed because of lack of rain or more rain. Or someone has a party and wants to change it. So you have to do that yard seperately and drive to it without doing the others... Oh well do your 10$ yards and see if I care :)
  10. RYAN

RYAN LawnSite Member

I don't mow any 10 dollar lawns. I was just comaring it to your "average national salary"