National Property Management Companies

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kgcs, Jun 13, 2011.

1. kgcs

kgcs LawnSite Senior Member

I am trying to compile a list of National Property Management Companies. I have not had much luck. So far I only have USM. If you know of any can you please chime in? Thanks

2. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I know a bunch of them but I think I would be doing you a favor by not telling you the names! They are QUICKLY becoming our least favorite customer's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. nobagger

from Pa

Unless you update your equipment list and double it along with being insured for 8 bazzillion dollars you wouldn't make it past that part of the application. I don't mean any offense but thats how they work.

4. kgcs

I know they have bad reps but I want to look them up and research them.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. kgcs

Yeah I know where you are coming from. I am getting a new mower next year and I am already licensed and insured. Probably will need to up the insurance though. It is only $300,000.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. nobagger

from Pa

Why waist your time. Put it this way....say you did get in, got a Target or some other "big" place to do, your thinking holy crap! this is awesome then comes negotiating pricing, they get you for x amount and it seems ok at best and after you mow it a few times thinking it will get faster after I do it a few times you realize I could go mow 3 or 4 residentials in half the time and make the same IF NOT MORE! Then they start calling with stupid complaints like A sidewalk weed growing "somewhere in the parking lot", so they have you run all the way over there hunting for A sidewalk weed that may or may not even be there. Whats that time worth. Then they insist you give them a bid for all this landscaping the store needs and assures you, you can make a lot of money on this job and need the bid by tomorrow and then you don't hear from them about it for weeks, even months. Should I go on? How about suspending payment because they didn't receive any site tickets....ok we'll fax them AGAIN! after 3 weeks they call again asking for the same tickets you faxed 3 weeks ago, meanwhile your ars out with payment and oh wait "we found them" we'll send out payment with the next month payment. WTF! Should I keep going? I could write a book on this and one day I might! Unless you are absolutely starving and even then I wouldn't, stay away!!!:waving:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  7. kgcs

It seems if you had some bad experiences with them. I know I have heard all the horror stories but I am still interested.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. nobagger

from Pa

EVERYONE has "bad experiences" with them at some point. Sorry man, I'm not going to bye an alcoholic a drink. Do more homework and you'll find what your looking for.

9. kgcs

I understand. Thanks for sharing your experience.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. kgcs

Anyone else?
    Posted via Mobile Device