Nationally diesel fuel is cheaper

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by nosparkplugs, May 19, 2009.

1. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

2. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Its only cheaper because gas has gone through the roof again. Just a few short weeks ago it was 1.89. Now its 2.15 here. Diesel is 1.98

3. Potomac Lawns Inc.

Potomac Lawns Inc. LawnSite Senior Member

dsl here is 2.29 a gallon sometimes you can find it for 2.15 but thats it

4. JPsDuramax

JPsDuramax LawnSite Senior Member
    from Georgia

Diesel is hovering around $2.00 here...of course I found the only station that was selling it for $2.90:dizzy: Yeah, almost $3, it sucks but what can you do when your about empty...

5. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

my buddy and I are on a cross country road trip right now and that seems to be the case in Montana and Wyoming, Idaho and Washington it was still more expensive but fluctuates from town to town, some towns its cheaper...some towns its not

we are off to South Dakota today

6. Potomac Lawns Inc.

Potomac Lawns Inc. LawnSite Senior Member

Well gas is now more expensive than dsl gas is 2.34 for 87 dsl today 2.24

7. JDiepstra

JDiepstra LawnSite Bronze Member

Cheaper and better....... can't really beat that!

8. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

9. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

10 years maybe:rolleyes: I have been on the diesel kool-aid for much longer than 10 years, it's cyclical for the vast majority of business owners to switch from diesel to gasoline trucks as fuel price's change. Diesel did rise today to $2.05, but gasoline went up to $2.32:). I can stop just about anywhere in the Greater Memphis area & diesel is cheaper buy 25 cents sometimes a large price gap in those consistent high price'd area's of town for both gas or diesel.

At some point the bubble will burst and the Gasburners will be whinning, we diehard oil burners are getting some payback on our investments. payup

10. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

They have been on a tear here, gas is at 2.50 but diesel has been slowly creeping to 2.23-2.25.