Nationwide Backhoe Rodeo

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ksss, Feb 20, 2007.

1. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

2. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Anyone know of locations? I'll do it. I've probably only spent about 20 hours on a backhoe EVER, but I'll give it a shot. The backhoe end of the machine is cake, just switch over to joystick control running ISO and I'm set. I might get a little worked when using the loader, quite a bit different than a skid steer as far as visibility to the cutting edge goes, but I'm not too bad grading with a backhoe with the little experience I've had on one.

3. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

From what I was told it is strictly the backhoe portion of the TLB. Otherwise I would not have a chance. The CASE backhoe can switch from ISO to SAE so pattern choice isn't an issue. If you contact your local CASE dealer they can tell you if they are sponsoring one. The one here is in June I think.

4. minimax

minimax LawnSite Senior Member

scag, july 21 2007 at western power and equiment, in aurburn WA.

minimax

5. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

I'll laugh if they make you run a 3 lever foot swing backhoe :)

6. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Minimax, you coming down? Dirtwater you should show up too. We should all do it in Auburn. I'm with you KSSS, I wouldn't have a chance in hell if there was loader skills involved, I could fake it, but I'd get owned.

7. gammon landscaping

gammon landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

if it was a 4 lever foot swing i could kick *ss at that, we just traded our case for cat and i am still getting use to it

8. NateV

NateV LawnSite Senior Member

A new Case is a $119,000:dizzy:

9. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

It is crazy what a new "hoe" costs. Yet they seem to sell like very well. The real purchase price is not that much but they are still over 100K.

10. NateV

NateV LawnSite Senior Member

100k still doesnt seem right to me. My dad was going to get a new M series 2 last year fully loaded and that would of been around 73k. The only reason he didnt get one is we decided to buy another camp instead.