Native Land Design Great biz Model

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawn_jockey, Dec 14, 2005.

1. lawn_jockey

lawn_jockey LawnSite Member

www.nativelanddesign.com

They Are a large company down in Austin, San Antonio, and Now in Dallas. Native Land Design does probably 90% new landscape installs for builders and also does installs for celebs and filthy rich folks in Austin and San Antone. They also have yard Maintenance crews and you should see the plots they spit out for Landscape design.

Seems like Ben and all his team have graduated from Texas A&M. You won't hear about this company on this sight probably. I went to high school with Ben and Played Highschool ball with him before he went on to play for the Aggies. I recently had a chance to spend a day touring his facilities and picking his brain.

Native Land Design, LLC has a 4 year presence in the Austin area and specializes in design/build, irrigation, and maintenance services for both commercial and residential markets.* Clients include Centex Homes, David Weekly Homes, Drees Custom Homes, Toll Brothers, Canyon Creek Homes, Pitt Building Company, and many others.**

my changes for Business Strategy 2006

Get going with landscape design software.
    Go get an education on plants and landscape design.
    Take business courses.
    Read Bens suggested Books. Robert Kioski Before you quit your job, Rich Dad Series Richdad.com, Dale Carnegie: How to win Friends and Influence People, JPHorizons.com Jim Paluch Frank Ross
    Visual Learning magnoliagardensnursery.com
    Schmooze new clients, spend money to get them in your pocket.
    Planet.org TNLA

Research Lamberts. ItÂ’s A big landscape company.
    Local Nurseries: Landmark, Sunshine, Skinner

advice: Get customers budget before you do the design of a brand new project.

Landscapeonline.com from gcs dallas mowing

2. snap12.5

snap12.5 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I have seen dozens of landscapers' websites and this is definately "Brickman" quality of work.