1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Native/Wildflower Seeding

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by bicmudpuppy, Feb 14, 2006.

1. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

Ok, this one seems to be over my head. What is the preferred method for seeding Native mixes for erosion control on right of way areas. KDOT has bids out for some nice contracts with their preferred mix of native grasses and wildflowers. Requirement is that the seed should be drilled and we are talking about 2.6#'s / Acre on some of this. Where do I get a drill that will do this kind of work? I am going to go ahead with a bid for less than one acre on a site close to the shop. Worst case, the seed box I have has a good agitator in it and we will mix with a medium and exceed the recommended rates, BUT I am passing on almost 8 acres that should have been bid today because I know I don't have access to the right equipment. A search gives some good points from around three years ago, but I'm looking for more info and some new ideas.