Natural Stone on fake stone

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Captains Landscape, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Captains Landscape

Captains Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I had a customer, who loves natural stone, ask if I could cap a SRW with natural stone. Given the fact he loves natural stone I would have just built the wall out of it, but its hidden behind a garage. We are going to put the money he saved into his patio. My question is, has anyone used natural stone for wall caps. My thoughts are blue stone treads to match the irregular blue stone patio. I cant picture what it will look like, does any one have pictures? I made a mock display and it just looked funny. Thought, comments...
  2. cedarcroft

cedarcroft LawnSite Senior Member

we have capped srw's with moss rock boulders. it looks nice. we notched the boulders and hung them over the wall. I will see if I can find some pics.
  3. chris638

chris638 LawnSite Member

Depending on what type of block you use, I don't see any problem with capping a SRW with natural stone. If they are front lip block (AB) then just cut the notch off and apply the natural stone. Personnally I never used natural stone and SRW together unless they are natural stone steppers. I don't like the look of natural stone with even the nicest SRW.
  4. Captains Landscape

Captains Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

That was my thought, I know it can be done and not affect the wall, I just don't see it looking good. I'm interested to see what the moss rock capping looks like. I'll be using Vera Lok mosaic.
  5. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

We have done several srw walls with tread stock as the cap it works well use 2" tread stock because the consistency is better
  6. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

What color of V-lok are you using?