Natural Stone Slab Install

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by mbella, Jan 6, 2006.

1. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

This is a set of slabs we installed this week. This is about the only interesting thing we've done recently. In my opinion, nothing beats natural stone.

2. Drafto

Drafto LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like some nice work you guys do. Were you there when these steps were being built? Or just riding all over showing off your other jobs to some guy from Wilmington? (LOL)

Pics looks nice Mike, I felt really g@y taking some, so I didn't. What are you going to do to prevent erosion of the topsoil until you can get some grass going?

Dan

3. mbella

We spread straw after I took the pics.

Who was working the hardest when you were there?:)

4. Drafto

Andy. He, no questions, put in the longest day.:nono:

5. mbella

That's funny. Each day, he was probably standing out there an hour before we arrived and an hour after we departed.

6. Drafto

I am not shocked. Did he really make your guys shuffle the slabs around after we left?

7. mbella

Sort of. They didn't like the second to the last slab. They were deciding whether or not to get rid of it. He said,"You know what Mike will say when he comes back." So, they removed it.

8. Drafto

End result looks real nice.

I am meeting the guy about the driveway tomorrow, maybe we'll get a rainy day and you can come down before I finalize things with him.

Dan

9. Squizzy246B

Squizzy246B LawnSite Senior Member

So Mike, you obviously started at the top and built those steps going down then!?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

10. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

I heard you need to use 3 mini excavators for that method.

:laugh: