1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

naturalawn advertisement

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Smallaxe, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

What should all be considered in an ad?

..."A naturally healthy lawn requires less synthetic (or, petroleum) based fertilizers to stay green or even alive. Also reduces the need for herbicides and pesticides, perhaps completely.... For a free consultation of how you can aquire the most Green Friendly - green lawn in the neighborhood, call or email..."....

Add a picture of a beautiful girl and we are ready to go? :)

I figured it is better to claim 'reduction' - rather than - all or nothing. People still fear organics because we like perfect looking apples and lawns. IMHO

How could we best sell this to the public and change every lawn into EcoFriendly while making a living at it?
    What is your marketting plan?
  2. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

it seems too busy. good luck getting people to read this. i wouldn't be afraid to use the word organic. and get a picture of a women weeding or working in here garden. it shows that your doing just that, working for them
  3. Smallaxe

I could put the, "call or email...", phrase just under the picture. :)

Ad being, too busy, is a good point.

As far as saying organic what will you do when you see the prospective lawn and realize there are way too many weeds? That is one thing that concerns me.
  4. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

corn cluten
  5. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Whose your target demographic? Famlies in their 30's and 40's, so the pic of the beautiful woman is out. When people ask about safety it's usually pets first, kids second. So slap a pic of a golden retriever and a baby on there and your good.

If it's full of weeds and you don't want to spray conventonal herbicides, recommend renovations.
  6. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

:laugh: Spot on. Put a title on the picture Safeguard Your Loved Ones and your company name underneath.
  7. Newby08

Newby08 LawnSite Senior Member

also seems to be to wordy, people who don't know anything about the chemical side of things other than the bill they get from their lawn care company won't be use to the big words. To me the more simple the better, catches your eye and doesn't take to much time and effort to read it. Make it as least likely to be thrown out right away.
  8. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

If you look at some of the other groups out there advertising they will have a young child playing with a puppy with beautiful flowers in the beds in a green lush lawn or they go towards the save the planet, be green end of the scale
  9. Smallaxe

Pets and children with grass and flowers is a nice touch.
    Too wordy is often my problem which is why I need to bounce ideas off of others.

..."Safegaurd your loved ones with a naturally beautiful lawn."... [picture] ..."Let's get away from harsh chemicals for everyone's good"....

Fewer words and still makes the point?
    Is it accurate to use the term 'petro-chemicals' anymore? Seems like that was a popular expression back in the 60's and 70's. That may strike a deeper cord than the term, 'harsh'.

Thanks for the feedback :)
  10. Newby08

Newby08 LawnSite Senior Member

Safegaurd your loved ones with a naturally beautiful lawn...

With your local Organic Based Lawn Care Co.

(Company Info)

let the picture do the talking...