Natures Pro?

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by HK45Mark23, Mar 18, 2006.

1. HK45Mark23

HK45Mark23 LawnSite Member

Maybe I have ranted and raved on other posts. I probably deserve my post to be hijacked.

But in reality not one person really addressed my question.

I don’t care about any ones political position and views on illegal immigration. I especially did not ask for any ones views as to how it affected you or our industry.

So with that said, I am here in the “Organic” forum of Lawn Site trying again to become educated.

I have many lawns that are mostly clover and dandelions. I need to maybe use Corn Gluten Meal to prevent the weeds from germinating this spring.

Then I was thinking of using Woodstream’s Ringer Lawn Restore a few months later with seeding. Maybe even virticut before seeding. I was thinking of maybe using Fish Emulsion and or Microp Organic Soil Builder as well as a fish emulsion and kelp separately or in combination.

I figure that I should use a good pre-emergent. Then seed and use Ringer. A few months later use the Microp with fish emulsion and kelp. I hope that I will reinstate the microbial herd. Maybe this approach will start the process of turning the soil around. I hope to then establishing grass in the areas where the weeds currently are King.

We are going to get the soil tested. I want to fix the ph as well as to know what the soil is starved of.

I was wandering I was on the right track or not. I was looking for some guidance. I really want to use the organic approach. I truly believe Organic is the smartest and best program.

In no means is it political. My choice is because it is the intelligent program. I don’t want a chemically dependant lawn whose microbial herd is dead. I want a self sustaining lawn that is healthy and has a symbiotic relationship with the soil and the food web sustained there in. I also don’t want potential for harming customers, their kids, pets or my self. Yeah I know many natural products are still quite harmful to humans and animals, but you know where I am coming from.

I am not certified in chemical application. At this time I am performing research and wanting to learn. I want to start a program on my lawn. I also am trying to provide my church with advice. Their lawn is maybe 80% clover and dandelions.

So if every one is over the Mexican thing, can we have a discussion about Organic programs?
  2. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I totally agree with what you wrote here, and I think that's why a lot of us are here on the organic forum. To trade ideas, prouducts, etc. with the ultimate goal of doing something positive as well.

I apologize too, as reading the post is totally different than speaking with someone. There's a lot to be taken out of context....
  3. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I think thats the answer to your question
  4. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member