navastone or belgard?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by jrlandscaping781, Feb 7, 2007.

1. jrlandscaping781

jrlandscaping781 LawnSite Member

Any opinions on which to use?

2. JRSlawn

JRSlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I am partial to Belgard and Unilock I saw the nava stone display at the Cents I like it I just haven't seen enough of it.

3. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Neither! Both have quality issues.

Chris

4. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

What's your take on belgard? Around here the majority are using belgard from what I've been hearing. We have belgard, pavestone, hessit, romanstone etc etc. It seems that it all depends on the manufacturers in different regions/markets.

5. GroundScapesIncorporated

GroundScapesIncorporated LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

They are the two brands that gets used most here, I would say 70% of the installations in this area are belgard. We use more belgard than anything, The biggest reason is because everyone else is pricing it. So its hard to price a 4.00 paver when everyone else is pricing a 2.00 paver. I always try and sell techo-bloc, but people usually wont pay for it.

The biggest difference you will see with belgard, there isnt alot of color variance where with navastone there is. (I love navastone conestoga buff and riverbed beige.) Basically what I am saying I have found is to get color variance, or contrast with belgard you have to mix/blend colors.

Both are good pavers for the money, The weathered products (dublin and carriage) will probabbly be around the same price, but cambridge will usually be a little cheaper than rustico.

The only qaulity issue ive seen with belgard is the white slurry concrete residue left on the top of the paver from being manufactured is a little excessive sometime, and maybe a few to many chipped pavers a time or two. I dont think that belgard or navastone is a bad product, but that techo is just that good.