Navigator or Lazer Z HP with a catcher?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Willofalltrades, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

I am looking for a mower that delivers superior cut performance. I know the Lazer delivers a very good cut but for my high end residential accounts I want the Navigator's catching abilities. I am a one man crew so leaf clean-up is very difficult so the superior catcher is preferred to. But, heres the kicker, being a one man crew, I also have larger yards that are around 3 or so acres. My question is What would you recommend. The navigator or the Lazer z hp With a catcher?

2. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

I demoed a Navigator yesterday and I prefer my Lazer/Ultravac hands down to the Navigator. I am a huge Exmark Fan so I am going to leave it alone right there................................................................I may be spoiled because I have a 60" 3 bin bagger and it covers a lot of groung and does a excellent job!

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Lazer Hp--------

4. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

Based of the size of the yards you are cutting, the Lazer with the Ultra Vac may be more Practical.

The Navigator...or any of the "Walker Style" machines don't have a niche in these big area's. They simply can not cut and bag effeciently enough like a Larger Z.

Don't get me wrong, the Navigator is an awesome unit, but not for 3 acres of bagging grass.