Navigator or Walker Opinions Please

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by tglasslawncare, Nov 30, 2007.

1. tglasslawncare

tglasslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I have read some comments on lawnsite already. I thought I would pose my own question. I am finding the Navigator cost more atleast in my area. Would anyone recommend the Navigator over a Walker. If so is it necessary to get the 27 H.P. Navigator over the 20 H.P. Does the navigator have similar or better traction than a walker. Currently, I have a 1994 Diesel Walker. I am looking at upgrading to a new machine. Any help would be great. Thanks

2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

If traction is your only issue, they are both basically the same in that department. I did find that the Nav. tended to tear turf badly, no matter how I tried not too.

All Exmark did by building the Navigator was they got Walker to step up and improve on some of their known faults, i.e. the blower, the lesser gearboxes, both now replaced with larger/heaver units as standard equipment.

If you put a 27hp 48" navigator and a 23hp 48" walker side by side and told me to take one... I'd be on the Walker in a flash. Don't care that the price of the Nav. is higher, ir's just not worth more to me.

Get a new diesel walker, it will most likely give you another 13 years of service!

3. jlawnservice

jlawnservice LawnSite Member

navigators here are 7900