Navigator

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by idacurt, Jul 2, 2005.

1. idacurt

idacurt LawnSite Member

I did a search and could not find much on the new exmark.Anyone run one or hear how they are doing?

2. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Ford junk sucks.

3. Texas Mower Parts

Texas Mower Parts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I think he means the ExMark Navigator. :D

4. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

Saw one yesterday. Looks just like a Walker to me only red.

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

If you can Demo one you will buy it.
    John

6. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

/\/\/\/\

Did you buy one?

7. John Gamba

from ct

Are you asking me the question??

John

8. idacurt

idacurt LawnSite Member

John,do you have one or have you tried it?The reason why I'm trying to find out about this exmark and also the toro z350 is due to the complaints I hear that the walker does not handle the wet stuff great and also the mulching and service issues.Almost everyone where I live runs a walker.I live in a area with very high dollar homes with large yards(3/4 to 3 acres). with owners that demand the best.these people want their lawns bagged longer into the season than most areas,due to the lush lawns they all seem to have.I want a mower that can bag and mulch the wet stuff better than the other guys in my area.If anyone has any ideas,I'm all ears.Thanks

9. mole

mole LawnSite Member

buy the walker, it's all about ground speed when it's wet and long. once you find the right speed you will be fine. go slow when wet and long. no need to be flying across the lawns I see it all the time, I have one guy that cust a house right next to me I think he thinks he tony stewart racing across the lawn. He finishes 3min before me and his lawn looks like a daytona wreck. Im getting a walker and the end of the season when prices come down. I have a lesco zII with peco bagger cuts great but I need a front mount and a little smaller unit for my lawns.

10. John Gamba

from ct

Try a 27Hp or fuel injected Lazer with the Ultravac for up to 3 acres. The 48" deck on the navigator my be to small, unless you charge by the hour.

I tried the Navigator and liked its cutting speed better then walkers. I also liked the pump and wheel motors that are more common on other mowers.I also liked more things but i hope exmark comes out with the High Dump and Broom :cool2: .

John