Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Rottman, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Rottman

Rottman LawnSite Member

Are there any plans for a side discharge deck? Larger one like a 60" or 72" deck for the navigator. Thank You, Mike
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hello Mike,
    We appreciate your interest in the Navigator. I do not think they will widen the deck or create a side discharge on the Navigator. The design of the Navigator is intended for a dedicated bagging system with the option of mulching.
    Thanks, Brian
  3. davidcalhoun

davidcalhoun LawnSite Bronze Member

Does the 48" deck offer a mulch kit or not? I read where you said it might be an option but I did not see anything about mulching on the Exmark website for the Navigator?

If it does have a mulch system, how well does it mulch compared to your other mulching decks (Ultra and 07 Triton)? It looks like the Navigator deck is not as deep as the others in your mulching lineup of decks.

I want this type of compact front mount mower but I only want to bag on certain occasions (like spring and fall cleanups and some other times when there is too much growth). The rest of the time, I would prefer to mulch or side discharge (too bad you did not make a 3-way deck of sorts).

Any new optional attachments in the works for the Navigator mower?
  4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hello David,
    Yes, both the 42" and 48" decks have a mulch kit option available.
    The Navigator has proven to be a solid bagging and mulching mower. If you can demo a unit it will help in your decision making process.
    You are correct the Navigator deck is 4-5/8" deep while the Ultra Cut is 5.5" and the Triton is 6" deep. Each one of these deck designs was engineered with the deck depth in mind to deliver a high QOC.
    The Navigator accessories are a 48" wide snow blade and a snowblower.
  5. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

How does the Navigator stripe? Are there any plans for a high dump option like you can get on the walkers?
  6. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been an avid promoter of these machines since they came out.

I've had 2 repeat sales thus far so the people who are buying them are plenty satisfied with them.

According to my customers, you put a Navigator and brand W next to each other and cut, you can see a difference.

I was also told that the Navigator fills the bag way better then brand w, hands down.

Someone did a weight test with both machines, weighing the debris as it was emptied. The Navigator beat out brand w by something to the number of 15-20 percent.
  7. green acres lawns

green acres lawns LawnSite Senior Member

As a walker owner, and a lc lazer owner, I have watched the navigator closely since it's introduction. I started with a 48" Walker ghs and it does a beautiful job but I got tired of always handling clippings, so I bought a 60" lazer for larger properties. If the Walker had more ground speed I would have bought a side discharge deck instead of another mower. I have demoed a 350 toro (just didn't like it) and a scag couger (too heavy) looking for that combination. Both have been discontinued. In my opinion a 52" side discharge deck would open the navigator to a much larger market. I have a bagger on one of my midmounts and its awkward and cumbersome to operate, and down right scary on hills. I only use it for fall clean-ups. I have demoed the Navigator and liked how it felt.