navigator

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gplank2003, Oct 3, 2007.

1. gplank2003

gplank2003 LawnSite Member

Has anyone heard of any changes for the navigator for 08 ? Was thinking of getting one or a walker, just can't make my mind up. I'm afraid of Exmark might stop making it. Just don't see any in my area or anyone talking much about them.

2. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

sales on these units are growing, so i doubt exmark has any plans of discontinuing it. They built this model knowing that they weren't going to put Walker out of buisness, but instead, offering a walker style machine to people who don't want a Walker brand or don't have a dealer in their area to deal with.

08 changes..............i haven't heard of any but usually you don't until after the first of the year. Dealers usually start placing their orders in november.

Units have been great thus far. Have a couple out there with 1k hours now, no issues aside from normal wear and tear items.....belts, blades, filters.

3. gplank2003

Does 11,500.00 sound like a fair price on a Walker ?(comfort seat, 48" ghs, mechanical deck lift, 23 hp kohler, 9.5 hopper) out the door price. got a price on a Exmark 11,500.00 out the door (20 hp, 48" deck)

4. gplank2003

anybody own either?

5. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

Around here you can get a Exmark Navigator for a little under $8900 with the 20 hp Kohler and 48" deck. It might have been so cheap because their making room for Arctic Cat sleds since its that time of year( check your local Exmark dealer for price). But the Navigator looks like a very solid machine. My Exmark dealer sold three or four this year and my competition seems happy with them from what my dealer has told me. My next mower will be either a Navigator or a Walker. But if Exmark just had a version of the High-Dump I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

6. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Tried a Navigator for a few hours and pretty much hated it. Love my Walker though...

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Why did you hate it??

8. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Whatever you choose, make sure you get more than 20hp!

Can't be all that much more for the 27hp. It's 100cc's larger and a LOT more torque (10 more lb/ft!)

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

You are running not only the blades but a Blower for bagging.

10. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I don't own either, but I have used walkers quite a bit in the past and loved them. I used a navigator for like an hour once and didn't love the feel of it and just yesterday demoed one and i hated it. I love Exmark but I felt this machine was way too jumpy when you operate it, and I wasn't a fan of the quality of the cut compared to the walker. I also just think the people that have used or owned walkers in the past that liked them are used to them and therefore don't like the navigators.