1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

nc fert prices

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by howiecuts, Dec 10, 2009.

1. howiecuts

howiecuts LawnSite Member

I am bidding on my first big job for athletic fields and i am having a hard time pricing all the fertilizers. if someone can help me with this so i can put in a bid it would be very helpful. They want spring fert w/pre-emergent and
    60% s.c.u., fall fert and reseed, and winter fert. Thank you for any input cost per acre on these is what i am looking for. all the prices i found are super high.
  2. Snowy66

Snowy66 LawnSite Member

PM Phasthound. He sells some great fert and Pre em at a great price. Check out the Nutrients Plus website.
  3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Add your labor cost, (say 75 dollars per hour) add a few dollars to cover your equipment cost in repairs and depreciation, add your fert cost per thousand sqft, add your overhead charge, add your profit you need per day. The preemergent is costly(especially with 60 percent SCU)--but maybe you can balance that with inexpensive ( I mean cheap) fert in fall and winterizer. Preemergent is a pesticide--you need a license for that application. The high SCU preemergent is going to be steep. Try to keep the phos at zero and the potash low to reduce the cost. Aim for about 1.50 per 1000 sqft--my opinion. your only other option is to apply the SCU by itself and then spray the pre-emergent--if they will allow.
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
  4. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

Check out Lesco but if you don't like their prices you can go to Green Resources off Westinghouse. They usually beat Lesco.