NC LCO meets OK LCO in VA cause of LS..

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MMLawn, Jan 7, 2005.

1. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Always nice to put faces with the lawnsite members and I was able to do that today from quite a ways off. I met Tulsa Lawn Guy (Ryan) after he drove all the way from OK to VA. He was selling a Toro ZTR to a guy there and I found out from his LS posting that he wanted to sell his trailer too to downsize so I met him up there in VA also since I was only about 75 miles away in NC and bought his 18' trailer. Didn't really need more trailers, bnut what the heck. Ryan is a super nice young man and with his desire I think he'll do well in the business, and for the 20 or so guys that really slammed him on here when he ask $7500 for his Z with only 48 hours on it and said he'd never, ever get that much.... well the last laugh is his cause I saw the Funds and he got every penny of it :waving: ! Anyway, just shows you that LS sometimes turns out to put folks in touch by more than just a keyboard.

2. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

mike--that is a a great story. I am glad it worked out for all Involved!

GEO :D

3. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah its the same trailer he agreed to sell me and then backed out when offered a bit more money. we had already made all the arrangements and I have the e-mails to prove it. When you make a deal, you should stick with it. That just lowered his credibility, in my opinion.

4. MMLawn

Actually you couldn't be more wrong about this. As I told you in response to your PM to me earlier when you ask me what I paid for it, I had already PM'd him to buy it within 15 minutes of him posting (Tue) it as I was looking at those threads when it was listed looking for something else. If you made him an offer then you would have actually came in later in the week and offered him less than we had already discussed because we never even bickered about the price and I paid what we discussed from the very first contact....I too have emails

5. grass-scapes

then all that means is he was playing us against each other to get more money. He told me that I pmd him first when I spoke to him on the phone. LIke I said, I was prepared to buy it, plans were made and he said his friend in OK was giving him 600 so he had to cancel our deal. Its not a big deal, but there was no need to lie about it.

Why would he feel the need to play one person against the other unless he was driving up the price. Thats just playing dirty, but I guess thats how things go in this world. A man is only as good as his word. Thats my philosophy about my personal and business life.

anyway, no use causing an uproar over a damn trailer. I wanted it, you got it, I will find another one. No hard feelings. LOL

6. MMLawn

Actually I think it just means you are seeing something that isn't the way it was.

If he emailed you then he just was getting a little nervous probably because we had agreed on the price we first discussed on Tue as I said in my thread response but I had not yet answered him on meeting him in VA until last evening (because I was out quoting a new commercial job when his PM came in) so he probably just thought I was pulling his chain and was covering his bases with a "backup buyer" as anyone would and then when I answered him last evening he knew that we actually had the deal first. I am sure that is all it was. As to a higher price I never even knew anyone else had even talked to him on it as he never mentioned it nor did he try and get me up on the price at any time. I paid what I always had talked about paying.

You're right though it is only a trailer and at least nobody LOWBALLED US LOL! :D

7. grass-scapes

LOL. Thats true.

8. Quote"Always nice to put faces with the lawnsite members and I was able to do that today from quite a ways off. I met Tulsa Lawn Guy (Ryan) after he drove all the way from OK to VA. He was selling a Toro ZTR to a guy there and I found out from his LS posting that he wanted to sell his trailer too to downsize so I met him up there in VA also since I was only about 75 miles away in NC and bought his 18' trailer. Didn't really need more trailers, bnut what the heck."

would you be interested in selling the trailer??? if so let me know looking to add some more.

9. Tulsa Lawn Guy

Tulsa Lawn Guy LawnSite Member

Jamie and Mike,

Let me first apologize to both of you for this mix up. Truth is I got around ten responses in my PM box regarding the trailer. In the mean time I did have a friend of mine offer me $600 for the trailer here locally (at the last minute I might add). That obviously fell through; thus I sold it to Mike for $50 more than Jamie was able to pay.

Jamie, I would, however, like to apologize to you for my mishandling of the whole situation. In retrospect I should have accepted your offer for $300 and been done with it.

Anyway, even though I only have a few posts, my reputation on these forums is very important to me and I hope that this matter doesn’t taint it.

Thank you both for your interest and I hope you both have a successful season (I wouldn’t want to have to compete against either of you there in Greensboro!) :D

Best wishes,

Ryan

10. grass-scapes

Oh man, thats even worse....$50 bucks difference? Heck, I would have paid that much more to get the trailer. LOL. Mike didn't even need it, as he stated in his first post. :waving:

Mike, if you want to sell it to me, let me know....I sure could use an open trailer.