NC Residents

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by angnak, Aug 8, 2005.

1. angnak

angnak LawnSite Member
    from NC

When do you guys start for the season and end for the season? Also, when would you recommend passing out flyers for next season?

Thanks

2. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

DOwn here in Ga I have yearly contracts and I work in the winter....But in the winter I go out to all my props once a month to clean everything up. I would get the flyers out around the end of february. My advertisement is in the yellow pages and that has got me all the work I need.

3. Master Po

Master Po LawnSite Member

Mowing season generally starts around late March or early April depending on temperature and ends sometime in December given the previously stated variable. Overseeding and aeration begins in early October. I also get my fliers and postcards out in February. I don't know if you are new to the area but ice storms,snow storms, and hurricanes are fairly common, so debris removal will keep you busy through most of the year. I also suggest buying a dump trailer.

4. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats about right, I started mowing this year on March 21st and will stop sometime around mid December (weather depending). We will start aerating late September and go through mid November. I do one big advertisment in the spring with direct mailers (postcards) and all my business after that is word of mouth. I'm not really sure that I will be doing any advertising this coming year though, we are right at 100 yards now with one mowing crew and one landscaping.

5. Master Po

ECM, you service a few yards in and around my neighborhood and the accounts I have and I have to say that I am impressed by your image and work. I really like that trailer. Keep up the good work!

6. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Master, stop by and say hi one day. I'm usually the one sitting in the truck :blob3: (lol).

7. Master Po

Yeah, I'll have to do that. If you don't mind sharing, I am interested in knowing who you makes your postcards. My business took a hit this year and I am trying different marketing routes. They look very professional and the photo quality was really good.