NCMA Certification

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by D Felix, Jan 31, 2005.

1. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

Who here has it? NCMA- National Concrete and Masonry Association (I think)

I just found out I'm signed up for the SRW test on Feburary 8th, and was wondering if there's anything unusual on it. The test is offered following a Versa-lok training seminar, which I am going to.

Dan

2. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

Dan, I did it last year. I don't think that you'll find it difficult at all. Have you done the ICPI? The soil type and compaction info. are a repeat of the ICPI. With you're experience you shouldn't have a problem.

I just reread you're post. My exam followed a two day training, specifically for the NCMA. Without the training I still probably would've passed. I say probably because there were questions on the exam that were the type that only apply to the classroom, if you know what I mean.

3. lx665

lx665 LawnSite Member

I took the test last spring and passed. I did the same thing...took it after a Versa-loc SWR class. It was a good class and the test was not hard.

John

4. D Felix

I have not done the ICPI. I doubt I will this year, but I don't know for sure. Like I said, I just found out I was taking the test. I knew either Ed or I was going to take it, but I guess its me.:)

Feburary is actually going to be a busy month for me. I take the core exam for the pesticide license on the 7th, the VL class and NCMA exam on the 8th, I think we've got a pond seminar on the 10th, I take the category exam for pesticide on the 15th, and I'll go to a Belgard class on the 16th or 17th. I don't think I've had a Feburary that busy since I was in school!:)

Dan

5. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

That's great that you're educating yourself. I wouldn't have it any other way. Soak in as much as you can.

6. D Felix

Do you remember what all was covered on the exam?

7. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

dan, how were the exams? did you pass them both?

i am taking the pesticide test next month. what should i expect? how many hrs was the actual test?

8. D Felix

I ended up studying for my core pesticide exam while Ed took the NCMA test. Haven't heard anything on whether he passed it yet.

I know I passed the core exam, and I'm 99.9999% sure I passed my category (ornamentals) exam for the pesticides.

I'm just glad the last two weeks are over. Had a LOT of driving!

Dan